Saturday 25 July 2015

Night Scholar OST Part 2 - Sad Wind by Eun Ga Eun

Part 2 of the Scholar Who Walks The Night OST was released a few days ago with the airing of episode 5! It's so beautiful I've been listening to it on repeat ever since. I also know that I'm not the only one who's fallen for it, since heaps of fans have been searching for this song since it played at the beginning of episode 4, when Mr Vampire Sung Yeol saw Myung Hee/Hye Ryeong for the first time in 120 years :')

The OST is called Sad Wind by Eun Ga Eun. Interestingly before the official OST was released, fans noted that the OST was very similar to Spring Will Probably Come by Byul, except the lyrics had been changed. I hadn't heard Byul's version, but a quick search showed that it was part of a music project produced by Oh Joon Sung. Oh Joon Sung ... could this be the same Oh Joon Sung who composed all the instrumentals in City Hunter The Score? It seems likely ... his name's all over the OST scene!

I'm curious as to why they used another version of the song as the OST. Is it because using an existing song is undesirable? Or do the lyrics not fit well with the drama? I tried searching up the lyrics to Sad Wind but since it just got released I can't find any English translations. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Here's Eun Ga Eun's Sad Wind. Even though I can't pinpoint exactly why, it reminds me of Kim Yoo Kyung's Starlight Tears from the Boys Over Flowers OST.

Oh, and I love the album cover. It gives me butterflies kekeke.


Here's Byul's Spring Will Probably Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave a comment! :)